Make a change for the better in 2018 by focusing on health and fitness
Our Round Rock obgyns are kicking off the New Year by focusing on health and fitness. A healthy mind and body are important at every stage of your life. Making changes now can improve your health in the future and reduce your risk of developing health problems, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease and pregnancy complications.
Five changes to make for better health and fitness in 2018
Calculate your BMI at: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
Track your food intake and learn about healthy portions at: https://www.choosemyplate.gov/
Resolve to make the following changes to your health and fitness in 2018.
- Reach and maintain a healthy weight. A normal BMI, or body mass index, is 18.5 to 24.9. If you are overweight or obese, you have a higher risk of developing chronic health conditions, including high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Being overweight or obese when you’re pregnant also puts you at risk for developing gestational diabetes.
- Change your diet. Eliminate processed food from your diet. These foods contain added fat and sugar that can cause health problems. Focus on eating healthy portions of fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, healthy fats and low-fat dairy products.
- Make exercise a priority. Our Round Rock obgyns understand that you have a busy life, but it’s important to make your health and fitness a priority. Schedule 60 to 90 minutes of moderate exercise each week. You can make it a family activity so that everyone can get healthy together. Strengthening exercises and stretching are also important.
- Reduce stress. Chronic stress harms your body. When you have constant stress, you may experience digestive, sleep or immune system issues. You may also have headaches or frequent illnesses. Practice yoga or meditation to relieve stress.
- Focus on preventive healthcare. Our Round Rock obgyns want you to focus on your health and fitness by remembering to seek preventive healthcare.
Our Round Rock obgyns care about your health and fitness. We urge you to care about yourself as much as we care about you. Contact us.Tweet