You got the good news! What to do when you find out you’re pregnant
Our Round Rock obgyns are here to offer congratulations and advice about what to do when you find out you’re pregnant. After you rejoice about the good news, it’s time to make decisions that will affect the rest of your pregnancy.
Five steps to take when you find out you’re pregnant
When you find out you’re pregnant, your first thoughts may include questions such as when to tell your family and friends, what you will name the baby and how you will decorate the nursery. All of that is important, but you need to take five steps as soon as possible after getting the good news.
- Find an obgyn. Our Round Rock obgyns are a dedicated group of experienced, highly skilled physicians. Our staff provides compassionate prenatal care, an essential part of a healthy pregnancy.
- Take a prenatal vitamin with folic acid. When you find out you’re pregnant, it’s critical to begin taking a prenatal vitamin that contains folic acid. Folic acid helps prevent birth defects that can occur during the first trimester of pregnancy, such as spina bifida.
- Focus on good nutrition. The foods you eat nourish your baby. This is the time to focus on a healthy diet made up of lean protein, healthy dairy, vegetables, fruit and good fats. Remember to ask our Round Rock obgyns about food safety.
- Don’t smoke, drink alcohol or use illegal drugs. You need to eliminate harmful behaviors when you find out you’re pregnant. Smoking and illegal substances can cause serious problems for you and your baby. It is also safest to abstain from all alcohol.
- Avoid environmental hazards that could harm your baby. Pregnant women have to be vigilant about avoiding certain environmental hazards, such as lead, pesticides, second-hand smoke, mercury and arsenic. When you’re pregnant, you also should avoid contact with kitty litter boxes.
Our Round Rock obgyns can provide you with guidance
We know all the advice you get when you find out you’re pregnant can seem overwhelming, but our Round Rock obgyns are here to help. See us for guidance and care that will safely take you through pregnancy, labor and delivery. Contact us for an appointment.Tweet